Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) in partnership with the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Sistan and Baluchestan will be organizing “the 3rd International Congress on Water Desalination, Application of Advanced Technologies in Unconventional Water Treatment for Zones under Water Stress” on 14-16 September 2021 through a virtual platform. The program includes a virtual workshop and exhibition as well.
The main objectives of the congress are to share the knowledge and experiences from the academia, private sector, water associations, and governments on the use of unconventional desalinated water, wastewater, rainwater, as well as the related technologies for supplying clean water in deprived areas such as Sistan and Baluchestan province in Iran. Discussions concerning collaboration between the public-private knowledge owners and financing sectors provide opportunities for scaling up unconventional water treatment technologies for humankind usage. The following topics will be covered in the congress:
- Treatment, and reclamation of water and wastewater
- Desalination of brackish water, seawater, and saline water
- Minimization, treatment, and reuse of desalination plants wastewaters
- Decentralized water/wastewater treatment processes
- Deep groundwater uptake
- Rainfall/Stormwater collection and treatment
- Water collection from fog and humid air
- Water loss reduction
- Water, energy, and environment nexus
- Monitoring and control of water resources using satellite technology
- Covid-19/other infections in water and wastewater
- Water technological innovation system
It is notable that the deadline for submitting the abstracts is August 1, 2021. Any further information and access to the online registration form is available at http://seminars.usb.ac.ir/uwtc.