- Preservation and provision of microorganisms for scientific, industrial, agricultural, environmental and medical research and other area of biotechnology and applied microbiology.
- Providing information about the microbial strains which are maintained in the collection by the means of databases and website.
- Supply scientist and researchers with PTCC strains on demand.
- Repositories of biological reference strains (e.g. type strains, test strains, strains with special properties such as production of enzymes, bioactive compounds, …)
- Help to conserve microbial biodiversity.
- Offer advice to industrial and scientific centers on microbiological experiments.